From: Pine
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2018 1:31 PM
To: Wikimedia Mailing
List
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] REMINDER: Invitation to the October 2018
Wikimedia Monthly Activities Meeting: Thursday, October 25th, 18:00
UTC

Hi
Fae,

I would like to mention that WikimediaAnnounce-l is supposed to
forward to
Wikimedia-l (although there have often been technical problems
with this
and I believe that these problems are ongoing), so under the
present system
it may not be possible for Wikimedia-l subscribers to escape
from
announcements that are sent to WikimediaAnnounce-l unless someone
creates a
custom filter in their email service. Your suggestion that people
who want
reminders should subscribe to WikimediaAnnounce-l is okay, but
that
probably would not save subscribers to Wikimedia-l from receiving
reminders
unless all reminders are sent to WikimediaAnnounce-l and those
reminders
are not forwarded to Wikimedia-l. I would not support
stopping
WikimediaAnnounce-l emails from being forwarded to
Wikimedia-l.

I would also like to suggest that your tone on this topic
could be more
diplomatic, and that you should refrain from making assertions
about how
almost all readers of this list feel in the absence of some
evidence that
would support such an assertion.

Of the things to be
upset about, I understand how this one could be
irritating, but there doesn't
seem to be consensus that there is a problem,
and I don't think that it's
worth losing one's temper over this subject.

I am near to the monthly
limit of 15 emails to Wikimedia-l, and I want to
conserve my remaining few
emails for other subjects, so this will be my
only post in this thread for
this month. If you want to talk more, you can
contact me
off-list.

Pine
(  https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Pine )

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 2:27 PM Fæ < fae...@gmail.com >
wrote:

> If you find several broadcast emails for the same meeting
useful, please
> join wikimediaannounc...@lists.wikimedia.org. You can get
all the
> broadcasts you want there, including this one.

Fae

> On Fri, 26 Oct 2018, 09:35 Anders Wennersten,
< m...@anderswennersten.se >

disagree.

> > For me it is perfect. I get the impulse to
get in and I know if I am
> > busy with other things. Reminder of
something in the future get lost

kl. 10:22, skrev Fæ: