While I support the concept of this event in regards to gathering
affiliates and those at WMF who work with affiliates, I feel that I should
remind people that, as interesting as this event will likely be, it is not
an all-Wikimedia summit. I continue to object to the name of the event.
While I believe that I'm a minority of one on this point, I'm okay with
that.

I hope that this meeting will be valuable for the people who participate
and for the organizations which they represent. I'm glad that I attended
the Wikimedia Conference a few years ago, and as tiring as it was, I
consider it to have been one of my highlights of that year. If you can
attend then I encourage you to do so.

Pine