Hello, all.

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 1:32 PM Katherine Maher <kma...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Just over a month ago, we let you know that we had the reached the final
> stages of our search for a new Chief of Community Engagement.[1] Today, I
> am thrilled to let you know that we have appointed Valerie D’Costa to the
> role.

<snip>

I just wanted to follow up myself on Katherine’s note to voice my
enthusiastic and excited congratulations to Valerie on joining us and also
to congratulate *us* on being joined by Valerie. Being part of the search
panel looking for our next Chief of Community Engagement was an interesting
and illuminating experience; so many people with so many new...and
different...approaches. I was absolutely electrified when I completed my
first interview with Valerie, whose considerate and experienced approach to
community resonated with me immediately and deeply. I cannot wait for the
opportunity to work with her in her new role. To those of you who haven’t
yet: you’ll see what I mean when you meet her. :)

Best,

Maggie

--
Maggie Dennis
Chief of Community Engagement (for just a little while longer!)