Risker raises the point of moderating research requests. I do not want to
comment on this survey in particular, but in general, many researchers
target the wiki community continually. We do not have community capacity to
endlessly complete surveys, and I would like survey moderation.

Access to the wiki community is a privilege because we all pay a cost when
anyone makes a request for time, attention, and labor. Wiki community time
is not an unlimited free asset for the world to solicit.

Here is a live discussion about this centered on something I wrote.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Village_pump_(idea_lab)#Background

here it is archived.
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Village_pump_(idea_lab)&oldid=878717026#Background

James, I appreciate your interest in research. I do wish you would register
your research and conform to
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:New_project
but currently, we have no wiki community rules that say for people to
register research. If anyone is upset about your research, then I wish that
the response to be to set general policy and practices for the many
surveyors and researchers seeking labor from Wiki community spaces and not
only look at this one channel, and this one survey.

thanks -

Lane Rasberry
user:bluerasberry on Wikipedia
206.801.0814