Hello John,

I thought about it too, in a slightly different angle, and maybe it is really
not a bad idea.

What I thought was more for people who are here for a while (maybe those who
have been around for 2+ years, 5000 edits, whatever). More of a motivation for
the older worn out contributors.[1]

I don't know what the 'bounty' could be, maybe something tangible or valuable
in RL (tshirt, products, cake, draw to win stuff), or maybe something that is
more than a barnstar but still digital. I prefer the latter for efficiency
reasons, hence let me elaborate a tiny bit on that:

It could be something like an automated point system that is attached to a user
account. Something like a scorecard that is not editable by users, but is
visible as part of the account, automatically updated in the backend by the
system or a special authorised bot. Something of that sort.

Just my thoughts...

[1] I've been around since 2008, and worked in many parts of Wikipedia and
Commons. As real life gets more hectic for me, my motivation to edit is
starting to vary widely, as while there are sooo many things to do in the
wikiverse during my free time, there aren't any solid milestones you could
focus on each day. You open a random backlog, and there's an endless ocean of
work which if you attend 1 or 10000 requests, it doesn't really matter to the
contributor itself. More like starting to mop a vast room-less floor.

Yours truly,

Rehman Abubakr (Roy)<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Rehman>

OTRS agent, Admin (English Wikipedia, Commons), Contributor (Wikidata, Meta)
User:Rehman<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Rehman> |
Talkpage<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Rehman> |
rehman.wikime...@live.com<mailto:rehman.wikime...@live.com> |
UG-LK<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Community_User_Group_Sri_Lanka/English>