Hi Alex, per Dan's suggestion that I provide a reminder of the original
question, here is a reminder of part of what I wrote previously at
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2018-September/091113.html
.

"I think that it would be helpful to have a big picture understanding of
the goals, plans, and budgets for conferences collectively.

"As far as I know, these are the types of recurring conferences:

"(1) Wikimania, which seems to be a multi-purpose international conference,
with somewhat open admission if someone can afford to attend, is willing to
attend, and can get the necessary legal permissions;

"(2) the Wikimedia Summit (which I hope will get a name change to reflect
its actual scope, because it's not an all-Wikimedia summit) which will
focus on WMF, WMF committees that work with WMF affiliate organizations,and
WMF affiliate organizations;

"(3) thematic conferences, such as the Wikisource Conference;

"(4) regional conferences, such as WikiConference North America;

"(5) organization-specific meetings of various kinds, including affiliate
organizations' annual general meetings and WMF All Hands, and

"(6) the Wikimedia Technical Conference.

"I believe that WMF intended to do some strategic planning for the
collection of conferences as a part of the larger WMF-led strategic
planning process. Is this type of planning underway for conferences, and if
so can we get an update regarding what is happening?"

I would also like to know why my inquiries about this subject, which
started in late September 2018, have been substantively unanswered for over
four months despite my multiple requests. I don't expect anyone to
instantly stop what they're doing in order to answer a non-urgent email,
but I also don't expect four months of delay or for so many requests to be
necessary.

Thanks,

Pine