Dear all,

I am  very happy to share news with you of our latest appointment to the
Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. Please join me in welcoming Lisa
Lewin as our newest Trustee!

Lisa Lewin is Managing Partner at Ethical Ventures, a New York City based
management consulting firm. She has worked in strategic growth and
development her whole career, helping launch new ventures and increase the
impact and growth potential of legacy businesses. Her professional focus
has always been at the intersection of technology and learning - and we are
very fortunate to have her as a part of our team!

Below is the official announcement.[1] Welcome, Lisa, and I look forward to
working with you!

Kind regards,

María

[1]
https://wikimediafoundation.org/2019/01/31/wikimedia-foundation-announces-lisa-lewin-as-new-trustee/

*Wikimedia Foundation announces Lisa Lewin as new Trustee*

Lisa Lewin brings to the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees over two
decades of experience in leading and growing companies focused on
educational media and technology

(San Francisco, California) 31 January 2019 -- Lisa Lewin, Managing Partner
at Ethical Ventures, a New York City based management consulting firm, will
be the newest member of the Wikimedia Foundation's Board of Trustees.

The Wikimedia Foundation’s Board of Trustees oversees the Wikimedia
Foundation and its work, and serves as the organization’s ultimate
corporate authority. As an incoming trustee, Lisa will serve a two year
term effective immediately.

Lisa has worked in strategic growth and development her whole career,
helping launch new ventures and increase the impact and growth potential of
legacy businesses. She began her career in research and consulting with The
NPD Group and BCG before joining McGraw-Hill and rising to vice president
of their professional education group.

She founded and led Mindgate Media, an education technology consultancy,
and later joined Pearson plc as president of their teacher education group,
eventually leading their global learning technology teams spanning six
continents. In 2016 she joined The Ready, a consulting firm specializing in
organizational transformation, where she remains a senior advisor. In 2018
she founded Ethical Ventures, which advises senior executives at
corporations and large nonprofits on navigating change and building
thriving organizations with a positive impact on society.

“I am thrilled to be joining an organisation that is committed to ensuring
the world continues to support freely accessible sources of information.
This is a critical mission given the shifts in the global internet space,”
said Lisa.

Lisa's career long commitment to connecting the worlds of education and
technology matches her passion for the Wikimedia Foundation's vision of
bringing knowledge to every human being.

Lisa joins Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales, Board Chair María Sefidari, Vice
Chair Christophe Henner, and Board members Esra'a Al Shafei, Tanya Capuano,
Dr. James Heilman, Dr. Dariusz Jemielniak, Raju Narisetti, and Nataliia
Tymkiv.

"The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees is fortunate to have Lisa Lewin
joining us as a Trustee," said María Sefidari, Board Chair. "Her capacity
to connect technology with people who desire to learn will be invaluable as
we begin to implement our Wikimedia 2030 strategic direction. I am
confident she will both make a lasting impression on the Wikimedia movement
and feel right at home in our diverse and global community of people who
share that passion."

The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees

-María Sefidari, Board Chair

-Christophe Henner, Vice Chair

-Jimmy Wales, Founder of Wikipedia

-Esra'a Al Shafei

-Tanya Capuano

-Dr. James Heilman

-Raju Narisetti

-Dr. Dariusz Jemielniak

-Nataliia Tymkiv

-Lisa Lewin

About Lisa Lewin

Lisa Lewin is Managing Partner at Ethical Ventures, a New York City based
management consulting firm.

Originally from St. Louis, Missouri, she has worked in strategic growth and
development her whole career, helping launch new ventures and increase the
impact and growth potential of legacy businesses. She began her career in
research and consulting with The NPD Group and BCG before joining
McGraw-Hill and rising to vice president of their professional education
group.  She founded and led Mindgate Media, an education technology
consultancy, and later joined Pearson plc as president of their teacher
education group, eventually leading their global learning technology team
spanning six continents. In 2016 she joined The Ready, a consulting firm
specializing in organizational transformation, where she remains a senior
advisor. In 2018 she founded Ethical Ventures, which advises senior
executives at corporations and large nonprofits on navigating change and
building thriving organizations with a positive impact on society.

Lisa is active on the boards of the Center for Responsive Politics and
DoSomething.org. She graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Business
Administration from Washington University in St. Louis, and earned a Master
of Business Administration with honors from Harvard Business School.

Lisa lives in New York City with her husband and daughter. She enjoys
making change, sense, mischief, and knitting scarves.

--

María Sefidari Huici

Chair of the Board