I guess... probably one include also the majority of Kosovo, Albanian-speaking
regions of Greece, P.Y.R.O.M./North Macedonia and maybe even Southern Italy and
the other one is just centered on Albania as a state. This is not the same
scenario as Brazil (not sure if, partially, also Greece) since in that case we
had two group precisely centered on one country.

It's not totally practical but the geopolitical situation is not practical in
the end by itself...  You cannot force people to get rid of a group that might
become a future national chapter because their language is spoken by many other
people in neighboring countries who already clustered in a  previous UG. So it
should not be considered a critical situation per se, although the interaction
of the two UGs should be closely monitored and addressed since the beginning.

What is missing is a precise guideline or attention to UG related to languages
(of minorities or globally spoken). You could have the same problem with a
future Italian minor languages UG active in Corsica or Croatia, with a
Retho-romance Alpine language user group, with a gender gap UG active in a
language distributed along various borders... and so on. They don't seem to
show huge problems when similar situation exist in reality but they could
degenerate, stop cooperation, or never start it with other UGs or national
chapters.
I value plurality, I want UG to be created and catalyze activities, and I think
that the problem is mostly the character of people. However, I strongly
advocate a more structured architecture of language-based UG to be implemented.
Basically what I suppose was done with Catalan Wikimedia Thematic Organization,
although in that case there is no main entity competing on the area of a
sovereign country where Catalan is spoken (which is not necessarily a better
scenario, just complex in a different way). We call them almost all "User
groups" but they are sometimes local geographical unions of users and
volunteers (embryonic future national chapters or just regional associations),
language-oriented associations created to involve minorities or cross-projects
of interested users unified by a topic. They all have different purpose and
should be rationalized somehow. I think I pushed a little bit in that direction
on the application to WikiSummit, stressing the importance to make order in the
field.
IMHO, we should have single-language thematic organizations (specifically for a
language), cross-language thematic organization or local UG centered on a vague
historic geographical area or a very precise administrative one. And think
carefully about their status. This is however just a vague idea.

Alessandro
   Il mercoledì 6 febbraio 2019, 18:11:57 CET, Philip Kopetzky