Hi Amir,

*How can the Wikimedia movement be more truly international *
Participants reported that the current definition of knowledge by Wikimedia
projects is narrow-minded and does not fit the relationship with knowledge
that exists in other parts of the world. The only way to break this cycle
of cultural colonisation would be to actually research the needs of other
communities, and how we can create a project that fits those needs. It is
naive to expect that one tool can fit all, and while Wikipedia et al have
covered many important niches, it is well possible that there are other
elements that we are not seeing because we are not explaining our projects
to people who could give us ideas about how to go further. There is also a
lot of knowledge that could be interesting to collect, but does not fit in
any of our projects yet.

In that regard, thanks to the input of the participants, and my own
experience, I came up with some ideas that I would like to present in
Wikimania if I am given the opportunity.

Regards,
Micru

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 6:49 AM Amir E. Aharoni <
amir.ahar...@mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:

> I'm interested.
>
> I'm especially interested in any recommendation that is even remotely
> related to how can the Wikimedia movement be more truly international, and
> it sounds like there could be something about it there, but even if there
> isn't, is love to hear the rest.
>
> Thanks!
>
> בתאריך יום ב׳, 18 בפבר׳ 2019, 01:36, מאת David Cuenca Tudela <
> dacu...@gmail.com>:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Last Friday I participated in a workshop in Brussels where people from
> > different NGOs met to learn from each other to foster flat,
> > democratic, and diverse organisations. I was one of four speakers in a
> > "world cafe" format (basically a circle where participants can
> > interact with the speaker). I represented the Wikimedia movement in
> > general, with the intention that participants would learn from our
> > movement, and so that I would learn from them. There were also Open
> > Space sessions.
> >
> > If there is interest, I can share with you my insights on any of these
> > topics:
> > - External perception of the movement
> > - Recommendations to the WMF
> > - Governance recommendations for the movement
> > - Community model for affiliates
> > - How to increase diversity
> >
> > There is a lot to say about each topic, so please ask only about the
> > topic you have genuine interest in. If there is no interest, I'm ok
> > keeping it to myself.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Micru

Etiamsi omnes, ego non