Hoi,
I have written another blogpost [1] where I express a different approach to
our data. It achieves two things

   - an understanding what subjects not articles are most popular in
   Wikipedia
   - a tool that identifies what subjects we are looking for as missing in
   any Wikipedia

the tool is based on existing functionality, it just needs additional
functionality to support people in adding new items and statements for a
Wikidata item that represents the missing subject.
I will write another blogpost where I expand on opportunities to expand
search to share in the sum of all knowledge and not on what only one
Wikipedia has to offer.
Thanks,
       GerardM

[1]