Hello,

I just want to chime in here. Like Itzik I'm a working group member with a
community and chapter background, unlike him I am not resigning  :)

I certainly identify with many of the frustrations he shares. Everything in
the process is slow and that is very frustrating for those of us who just
want to get on with the work.

Some of that is because the scope and breadth of what the process is trying
to achieve. Some is because of the amount of the governance equivalent of
"technical debt" the movement has accumulated as decision after decision
has been put off and ultimately swept into this process to resolve. Some of
the slowness is due to the particular way the process is being aporoached
and the supporting resources that are available (it seems while WMF can
spend immense amounts of money on this process, it can't make any quick
decisions on how to spend that money because of an ossiffied procurement
process... *shrugs*). I won't say any more about the process now because I
expect there to be many discussions at the WMSummit about how it works from
here.

In spite of these frustrations, I think it's likely that the outcomes of
the process will be a significant, lasting, positive  change for the
movement.

Chris