From: Wikimedia-l <wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org> on behalf of
Strainu <strain...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2019 10:56 AM
To: Wikimedia Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Reviewing our brand system for our 2030 goals

Pe marți, 9 aprilie 2019, Chris Keating <chriskeatingw...@gmail.com> a
scris:

> > At the occasion, we should also reconsider the expressions "chapter"
> > and "user group".
> > "Chapter" is more suitable for local divisions of a national
> > association. And "user group" sounds just like some group. We also
> > already have "user group" as a technical term in MediaWiki.
> >

> You may be aware that the movement strategy process is thinking about this
> issue, albeit at a broader level :)
>
> For instance one of the questions the Roles and Responsibilities group is
> looking at is "What governance and organizational structures do we need to
> support the delivery of the strategic direction?"(1)

One would hope that both that group as well as others will be informed and
will take into account the results of the study, which confirm anecdotic
data that almost anyone doing outreach knows.

This is not a matter to be left at  the foundation's sole discretion
(although I personally approve the proposals to various degrees).

Strainu