In our community (Swedish) we embrace Wikidata wholeheartedly and we have found solution to take care of vandalism. Literialist, show changes on Wikidata on Wikipedia etc.

I believe it is more an attitude issue then a technical one.

I agree with earlier comments that English Wikipedia is not everything and regarding use of Wikidata it  is not a leader

Anders