You keep mentioning this Anglo-Centric / Wikipedia centric focus of the
WMF.

WMDE receives substantial monetary support from WMF for Wikidata. Only two
years ago dedicated grant funded work was made specific for Wikidata on
Commons for both WMF and WMDE. New Editors are working with the Korea and
Czech Wikipedias first and foremost. New Readers are first and foremost
working in India and South America. The majority of FDC grant funding does
not go to English speaking countries. The global partnerships team have an
almost entirely non-European / non-Anglo centric focus. The Public Policy
team (staff and volunteer) along with staff across the organisation have
been working over the past year actively fighting the EU copyright proposal
which now has an increasingly non-English centric focus thanks to Brexit.

The WMF staff have been becoming more diverse in ethnicity, native country
and native language year on year.

What makes me laugh is you say the WMF designs for the English Wikipedia
and yet so many engineers I speak to say that it's impossible to design and
build for the English Wikipedia and port elsewhere and that it's better to
design for non-English wiki's and apply to English.

More change is needed but please recognise that things are changing.