I wrote a quick explantation why it's almost impossible to make a new wiki
now, in https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T210752#5167695

One problem is that this part of the codebase doesn't have a clear
maintainer/owner. That needs to be fixed.

Best

On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 6:00 PM Brad Jorsch (Anomie) <bjor...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 10:15 AM Yann Forget <yan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > The Hindi Wikisource is blocked by some technical problems with no
> > resolution expected shortly. The last comment in the ticket is:
> >
> > The issue still exists and it's impossible to make new wikis without lots
> > of bandage and hacks. I'm doing this in volunteer capacity and I don't
> have
> > time to do it anymore :(
> >
> > The ticket was opened on March 13th.
> > The community is actively waiting.
> > Some workshops are planned, but postponed because of this issue.
> > So this task should be given to some developer from WMF.
> >

> Based on the quoted comment and date, I'm guessing the task in question is
> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T218155.
>
> FYI: I don't know any details about new wiki creation, I'm just posting the
> task link in the hope it will help people who do to find your task.
>

> --
> Brad Jorsch (Anomie)
> Senior Software Engineer
> Wikimedia Foundation