I have a fairly good understanding of copyright. Deal with a fair bit of
copyright issues occurring via paid editing and flicker washing of images
and would be happy to do admin work around that if the Commons community
was interested.

James

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 4:00 AM Paulo Santos Perneta <
paulospern...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wikimedia project communities in general seem to be quite stagnant, if not
> declining, apart from Wikidata, which is and always will be a whole
> different case. In the case of Commons it was already very much as it is
> now when I joined in 2009. I always found it a very pleasant place, but
> overtime I understood I was the exception there, and most people had bad
> experiences. And it is as Yann has shown there, it's a few sysops running
> the entire show almost alone, not because they want that, but because
> nobody else helps with that.
>
> IMO the problem is not with the existing sysops, but because people in
> general do not feel attracted to copyright and other similar minucious
> stuff which marks everyday life in Commons. And, without that knowledge it
> is pointless, if not counterproductive, to place a candidacy to sysop. No
> idea what the solution could be, but it certainly is not blaming Commons
> and the existing sysops. If more people was interested in copyright, less
> mistakes would be happening in Commons as well. Whatever the solution is,
> it probably passes by that.
>
> Best,
> Paulo
>
> Galder Gonzalez Larrañaga <galder...@hotmail.com> escreveu no dia segunda,
> 13/05/2019 à(s) 07:09:
>
> > A good question to ask would be why the admin group is not growing. And
> > maybe (maybe) we can find a common answer to both problems pointed here.

James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian