Asaf :)  Thank you.  Yes let us use this list well + with respect.
Moderation has been much appreciated.

Yaroslav: +1 to all of that!

James:  There were /Talk subpages already in 2001 ;)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Milestones_2001#July_2001

The pursuit of a generalized solution is important.
It also seems fair to have a *single page* on {meta, other?} for a WMF
noticeboard.  Either a section of the m:Wikimedia Forum
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Forum>, or a separate page.
With translations provided where needed. Then anyone who runs across
discussions elsewhere (including on this list) that want a specifically WMF
response can point people there (and even summarize the Q in a sentence on
the noticeboard, if they wish to facilitate).

A small set of response templates may also be helpful, to invite dialogue
and partial answers.
  "interesting, I also care about this topic",
  "not sure there's an answer atm",
  "not sure I'm in a position to answer, but here's part of it"
  "this is a perennial question (link to archive)".
  "this is a perennial flame war, is there a more constructive version that
might be answerable?"

Everyone benefits from a good central space for Q&A since it is needed for
so many ideas and projects that are promoted -- you could also send those
topical q&as (currently done on a number of separate wiki fora) back to an
umbrella section on such a noticeboard.

SJ

Samuel Klein          @metasj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266