James

> Per "the Foundation has decided", it is not the foundation but our movement
> that has decided that we will mostly only allow licenses that allow
> commercial reuse.

That doesn't seem quite right.  The Foundation Board adopted a resolution
on 23 March 2007,  which is published at
https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Resolution:Licensing_policy and
cross-referred to on Wikipedia as still current, headed

> This policy is approved by the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees
> <https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_of_Trustees>.
> It may not be circumvented, eroded, or ignored by Wikimedia Foundation
> officers or staff nor local policies of any Wikimedia project
> <https://foundation.wikimedia.org/wiki/Our_projects>.

and statng

   - All projects are expected to host only content which is under a Free
   Content License, or which is otherwise free as recognized by the
   'Definition of Free Cultural Works' as referenced above.

So it seems to me that it is the Foundation not the movement that controls
the licensing.

Thrapostibongles