We all agree NC licenses are poor. The WMF position was a reflection of the
community's position at the time and this likely remains the community's
position today.

If we as a movement however were to decide we want to allow NC video such
that we can use Khan academy and Ted talks I doubt the WMF would veto it.
We do count as non commercial. It would however decrease the incentive for
these groups to drop NC but they are unlikely to regardless.

Not sure if the strategy process is considering this specific question.