This week I would like to thank people who volunteer significant time and
effort to hunt advertising, undisclosed conflict of interest editing, and
sockpuppet accounts in the Wikiverse. I was reminded of these subjects by this
email
<https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2019-May/092392.html>.
For the enjoyment of people who are familiar with *Star Trek: Deep Space
Nine*, there is a relevant video clip
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_IaVMsCbf8> on Youtube.

I would like to thank WMF for its efforts
<https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2019-May/092562.html> to
persuade the government of Turkey to lift its block of Wikipedia. I hope
that these efforts will succeed.

Congratulations to Wiki Community User Group Tchad
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Community_User_Group_Chad>
regarding their recognition by the Affiliations Committee.

What makes you happy this week? You are welcome to comment in any language.

Pine

P.S. I am sorry for the late email this week. I am behind on email but I
think that I will catch up by Saturday.