Dear all,

I would like to inform you about my resignation from the Executive Board of
Shared Knowledge, effective from 1 July 2019.

After spending almost ten years on the boards of Wikimedia Macedonia and
Shared Knowledge with the last five years as president of Shared Knowledge,
this was a difficult decision for me but, in order to allow the
organisation adapt to the ever-changing environment in the movement, it
seems like the right time to make this step has come. The reasons for my
decision to step down are mostly personal, including lack of time, lack of
motivation, and hunger for new challenges.

To give a better insight of my board experience, I can effectively divide
it to two different but related periods: the first five years spent as a
board member of Wikimedia Macedonia as a passive chapter were marked by
extensive learning about the movement and the programmes of the other
chapters with a limited amount of educational activities; the second five
years spent as president of Shared Knowledge as an active user group were
marked by executing the learning into practice with several programmes
abundant with projects and events.

The exact meaning of my resignation is, however, not retirement from the
movement but rather a substantial reduction of the time spent on some
activities. My future plans are to remain active in the movement in other
capacities.

I would like to thank you all for the collaboration so far and express my
hopefulness to extend it in my non-presidential role from now on. I will
not leave this mailing list and will continue following the news from the
movement.

Best regards,
Kiril Simeonovski
Chair of the Executive Board of Shared Knowledge