When we publish CC BY SA on Wikipedia, we allow translation into other
languages without having any control over the translations (but we require
our name to be attached in some fashion). So right now we do all the time.
Most of my academic publications are CC BY which is even more permissive.

James

On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 7:27 PM Thomas Townsend <homesec1...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Jun 2019 at 18:46, James Heilman <jmh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Wiki Journals use CC BY SA. We do not support or want to us ND as that
> > would prevent translation into other languages. That is why I disagree
> with
> > Plan S's move to allow ND.
> >

> So part of the offer is that an author's article may be translated into
> other languages without the original author having any say in the process?
>  Surely you would not permit your own articles to be republished in another
> language with your name still on them and your having no control over what
> the translation says in your name?
>
> The Turnip

James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian