I didn't make any speculation as to the potential views of any
non-participating editors. I didn't even proffer my own view.

I do find it telling that the assumption was made as to what side I would
fall on. My problem with how these discussions unfold is that there is a
vocal minority that dominate every single last one of them which does
nothing to inspire me to engage (along with many other editors I know). You
are right that the length and tone of the discussions is a huge factor in
that, along with the general fatigue brought on by the wall of text effect.

There is a strong element of certain editors continuously setting the tone
of these discussions which is unbearably adversarial and exclusionary.