Leila

Since I raised this particular issue,, I'll take the liberty of giving an
answer to this question, even though you addressed it to Benjamin.  The
failure that I was pointing to was not the failure to identify copyright
violations, but the failure to address the huge backlog of probable
infringements identified at, for example,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Contributor_copyright_investigations/20111108
where
there is a backlog of *thousands* of articles created by *one* user.  In
the absence of any coordinated management of the workload, at the current
rate of progress it will take about another decade to clear this single
case.  My analysis is that the pressing issue here is precisely that there
is no-one for whom this is a pressing issue: no-one is responsible for
clearing up the mess, and if there were, there are no resources available
to be allocated to it, and if there were, there is no way of deciding where
to allocate those resources.

Thrapostibongles