While browsing Japanese Wikipedia, I found this
<https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%BD%86%E9%A6%AC%E9%AB%98%E5%8E%9F%E6%A4%8D%E7%89%A9%E5%9C%92>
article with beautiful photos. Although I cannot read Japanese, my
understanding from an automated translation is that the article describes
the Tajima Highland Botanical Garden in Kami, Hyogo prefecture, Japan, and
that there are over 2,000 types of plants in these gardens.

The botanical garden article reminded me of an English Wikipedia featured
article that I enjoyed reading, "*Bonshō*
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonsh%C5%8D>".

There is a series of photos of a high speed Japanese train that is under
consideration for the Featured picture designation on English Wikipedia
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Featured_picture_candidates/N700_Series_Shinkansen>.
By looking at the code for this nomination, I learned about the
“frameless” parameter
for images <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Images#Size_and_frame>,
which I think is new to me.

I am a low ranking novice in the subject of continuous integration in
software development <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuous_integration>,
and I understand merely some of this email
<https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2019-June/092171.html>,
but there appears to be good news regarding MediaWiki CI jobs.

What’s making you happy this week? You are welcome to comment in any
language.

Pine