Caroline,
For me this is not your story. Your insistence of making it so has quite
the opposite effect. I have known Romaine, the tireless efforts for us all
he has given us over the years, I grieve for our collective loss. I do not
know you and you are intruding on what is a feeling shared by many. It may
help you when you grow some sensitivity and respect this experience, the
feelings of others. Maybe it is too difficult for you, I do not know as I
do not know you at all.

What I wonder is to what extend do you know Romaine, to what extend are you
stuck in your pov.
Thanks,
     GerardM