Astonishing the amount of speculation on this list about what might
have happened and who might or might not be telling the truth.
Considering that nobody posting here has any information about the
facts of the case, would it not be better to cease from speculation
which can have no positive aspects but will certainly be offensive or
even defamatory to named individuals?

The Turnip