Well, first off, there's no guarantee that anyone even knows their real
name. They could find mine, sure, but then I've never made an attempt to
keep it secret. I suspect many editors never have given out their real
name, and publishing a guess would be unethical beyond belief.

But just no, in any case. That seems a purely punitive measure. Certainly,
if the person's real identity is known, they might want to inform, for
example, site security staff at WMF events, as that's a "need to know" type
situation. But I see absolutely no reason to release it to the general
public. That's just doxing as a punishment, and I think that's absolutely
unethical and we're a lot better than that.

Even if we must ban someone from our communities, we should do everything
possible (and everything as far as they'll allow) to let them go in peace
and with dignity, and, again if they will, to make a clean break of it. We
shouldn't take the opportunity to kick them while they're down, even if the
ban was richly deserved.

Todd