(Response apparently wasn't sent to list previously.)

Yes, I think there ought to be a place to discuss the whole thing, as
several share a fatal flaw in that they advocate dictating to local
communities from above.

Is this getting announced anywhere other than on the mailing list? There is
a proposal in these to literally undermine Wikipedia's free content mission
by allowing nonfree licenses. (
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Working_Groups/Diversity/Recommendations/9)
Do you think, maybe, we shouldn't attempt to slip that through unnoticed
and uncommented?

For example, here's the notice that was left on Commons:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Commons%3AVillage_pump&type=revision&diff=360549650&oldid=360506118
.
It's totally anodyne, and gives absolutely no indication that such massive
changes, which would entirely strip the communities of autonomy, are
proposed there. For example, I suspect Commons might be just a bit
interested to know these proposals would force them to accept nonfree
content. If this is in any way an honest process, make sure the
announcements indicate how breathtakingly broad and destructive these
proposals are.

Todd