Wait - how many people did Doug Stamper murder?

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 5:54 PM effe iets anders <effeietsand...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Congrats Ryan!
>
> The main question here at Wikimania is really... Will you be more like Leo
> McGarry or like Doug Stamper as far as it comes to problem solving? :)
>
> Lodewijk
>

> On Wed, Aug 14, 2019, 07:33 Rajeeb Dutta <marajoz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Congrats Ryan & all my best wishes, thanks Katherine for the update.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Rajeeb.
> > (U: Marajozkee)
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> > > On 13-Aug-2019, at 10:15 PM, Katherine Maher <kma...@wikimedia.org>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi everyone,
> > >
> > > I’m excited to let you all know that Ryan Merkley, formerly CEO of
> > Creative Commons, is joining the Wikimedia Foundation as my new chief of
> > staff.
> > >
> > > Many of you have met Ryan before -- at CC Summit, Wikimania, Wikimedia
> > Summit, or MozFest. He’s a leader in open source, open knowledge, and
> > free-culture communities, and for the past five years, he’s been the CEO
> of
> > Creative Commons, initiating programs like CC search to index all 1.6
> > billion licensed works online. He’s passionate about the power of the
> > commons, and the role that everyone can play in making it sustainable and
> > open to all. I couldn’t be happier he’s now bringing this passion and
> > experience to our movement.
> > >
> > > In Ryan’s own words, “My heart has always been in open communities, and
> > the power of collective acts --  that is, the things that people can only
> > do when they work together, like building a commons of free knowledge for
> > every person.”
> > >
> > > For now, Ryan’s two top priorities will be bolstering the work of the
> > movement strategy team and supporting the Board. He’ll support the
> strategy
> > core team to move the Working Group recommendations into implementation
> > within the community and Foundation over the course of the coming year.
> > He’ll also serve as Board liaison to the Board of Trustees, strengthening
> > the connections, communications, and coordination between Trustees and
> the
> > Foundation. Internally, he’ll support the office of the Executive
> Director,
> > acting in my stead on various projects.
> > >
> > > I’m excited by this new role for an old friend of the open community.
> > Ryan knows our movement well. He has spent many hours with many
> > Wikimedians, and understands the centrality of the community to the
> > Wikimedia mission and identity. His background as a partner to Wikimedia,
> > and a leader in the broader open movement will be invaluable to our work,
> > and confirmation of the importance of community experience in Foundation
> > leadership.
> > >
> > > Ryan doesn’t start in his new role until Monday, September 16th.
> > However, he will be at Wikimania, so for those of you attending, please
> [...]

Eileen B. Hershenov
Of Counsel
Wikimedia Foundation
1 Montgomery Street, Suite 1600
<https://maps.google.com/?q=1+Montgomery+Street,+Suite+1600+%0D+San+Francisco,+CA+94104&entry=gmail&source=g>
San Francisco, CA 94104
<https://maps.google.com/?q=1+Montgomery+Street,+Suite+1600+%0D+San+Francisco,+CA+94104&entry=gmail&source=g>
Registered In-House Counsel, State Bar of CA
Licensed in NY State
ehershe...@wikimedia.org
(US) 415-483-6676

*NOTICE: This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you
have received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about the
mistake. As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation and for legal/ethical
reasons, I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for, community
members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity. For more
on what this means, please see our legal disclaimer
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Legal_Disclaimer>.*