Every participant in an iterative multi-party process likes to be the
last.  In a certain sense the larger community will be the last. They can
opt to abandon the movement.  But for those volunteers who will be loyal to
the movement, it is the far-away Board has the last look and final say-so.
Given the difficulty of actually getting any significant level of response
from the larger community, especially of mere content contributors, it
would be nice - and wise IMO - to allow for the larger community to have a
long look at finished draft proposals.

The sad fact is that the only way the larger community would be likely to
take such proposals seriously would be if there were an imminent deadline.
Unfortunately, it is hard to take the imminent deadline seriously given the
absence of substance in some areas.  Thus a chance has been missed to get
substantial involvement from the broader community.

I wonder why some of the working groups have so little to show.  Is there
substantial disagreement among members?

Dennis C. During