I failed to include some text, including a link for proper attribution,
that I should have included in the description of William Least Heat-Moon.
Sorry about that. Here's a revised description.

William Least Heat-Moon
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Least_Heat-Moon> “is an American
travel writer and historian of English, Irish, and Osage ancestry”. He
earned a Ph.D. in English from the University of Missouri and worked as a
professor of English. He wrote an autobiographical travel book, *Blue
Highways*, that was well received. According to the article about the
article about *Blue Highways* <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Highways>,
"Stories that arose from Least Heat-Moon's research as well as historical
facts are included about each area visited, as well as conversations with
characters such as a Seventh-day Adventist evangelist hitchhiker, a teenage
runaway, a boat builder, a monk, an Appalachian log cabin restorer, a rural
Nevada prostitute, fishermen, a Hopi Native American medical student,
owners of western saloons and remote country stores, a maple syrup farmer,
and Chesapeake Bay island dwellers.”

Pine