On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 2:42 PM Ad Huikeshoven <a...@huikeshoven.org> wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> There has already been an extensive consultation in the first half year of
> 2019. Zack presented the outcome to the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia
> Foundation August 14th in Stockholm. Het got a go for a next phase. The
> current dialogue is about implementation details, as far as I understand
> the status of the current process.

Yes, but perhaps what folks may miss is that there is a fundamental
disconnect between the numbers as presented earlier in this thread versus
what has been seen in various forums and discussions.

To wit: one figure that is less than 1% and one that is much much greater
than 50%, both of which are trying to measure the same sentiment. That
should give us all pause about how legitimate the next steps may be,
regardless of which side one is on.

On-wiki discussion of this:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk%3ACommunications%2FWikimedia_brands%2F2030_research_and_planning%2Fcommunity_review%2Fresults&type=revision&diff=19372447&oldid=19372300

-Andrew