Congratulations to Grant on his new position, and to the Foundation on
the new CTO! I look forward seeing your work.

On 19.09.19 07:35, Philippe Beaudette wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 12:32 PM Andy Mabbett <a...@pigsonthewing.org.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 at 17:55, Katherine Maher <kma...@wikimedia.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I’m excited to officially welcome Grant Ingersoll as our Chief Technology
>>> Officer! Grant
>>
>> It is UTTERLY OUTRAGEOUS of Katherine to post this...
>>
>>> In Grant’s own words
>>
>>> We're adjusting to the empty nest life with our dog Allie (a
>>> black lab mix).
>>
>> ...without linking to at least one cute pic of Allie ;-)
>>

>  Frankly I am shocked ... shocked! that a woman of Katherine’s obvious
> talents must be reminded of this basic pillar of the movement: If you
> invoke a cute puppy, you better be prepared to prove it.
>
> Geez, K, have we taught you nothing in the, what, half a decade, that
> you’ve been part of this movement?
>
> -philippe

Can someone explain to me why it’s so funny to repeat the exact same
toxic tone that this mailing list is notorious for, but this time
jokingly? It’s not like this is a fun, harmless reminder of a dreadful
past we’ve long left behind us…

Cheers,
Lucas