This question makes sense.

Probably people going in Japan and having a stop in Bangkok may generate as consequence a higher flight ticket's cost.

Kind regards

On 08/10/2019 19:53, Kiril Simeonovski wrote:
Dear Roman,

Thank you for announcing the dates of Wikimania 2020 and suggesting a trip
to other East Asian countries, including Japan for the Olympics, but was it
inevitable to schedule the event during the Olympics?

Best regards,
Kiril