In case it is interesting, for the tenders at my workplace that require
offsetting, we include this requirement:

"
Carbon offsetting will be achieved by means of projects of the following
type: CDM (Clean Development Mechanism), JI (Joint Implementation) or VER
(Voluntary Emissions Reduction), all certified as 'Gold Standard' by bodies
accredited by the UNFCCC (United Nations Framework Convention on Climate
Change)."

In practice, https://offset.climateneutralnow.org/ is a place I've used
personally where one can easily find projects meeting the above criteria.

For more context, to save a bit of Google-ing:

CDM projects are those assessed and verified by the United Nations
Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) in developing countries
which can sell certified emission reduction (CER) credits, each one
equivalent to one ton of CO2. These CERs can be traded and sold and are
currently used by industrialized countries to meet a part of their emission
reduction targets under the Kyoto Protocol(link is external)
<http://unfccc.int/kyoto_protocol/mechanisms/clean_development_mechanism/items/2718.php>
.

Gold Standard projects are CDM or voluntary offset projects giving an
additional guarantee concerning sustainable development benefits. These are
projects awarded the 'Gold Standard'(link is external)
<http://www.goldstandard.org/> quality label by a Swiss-based non-profit
foundation, supported by a group of 50 NGOs.[1]

[1] From
https://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/funding/faqs-toolkit-and-glossary/frequently-asked-questions-general_en

Best regards,
Bence