Good day all,

Wikimedia Canada held its Annual General Meeting 2019 [1] on 19 October in
Montreal, Quebec with online participation as well.

We would like to introduce you 4 newly elected Board members and one
re-elected Board member:
- Amber Berson
- Jean-Michel Lapointe
- Lëa-Kim Chateauneuf
- Sarah Severson
- Stacy Allison-Cassin

The following 3 Board members are continuing their 2-years terms until next
year:
- Benoit Rochon
- Ha-Loan Phan
- Michael David Miller

Wikimedia Canada is proud to have a majority of women on its Board. We
believe that we are the only Wikimedia chapter in this situation, please
correct me if I'm wrong. We are also happy to welcome a member of the Board
from Western Canada. We are convinced that this will help us to increase
the diversity of contributors on Wikimedia projects from Canada, especially
in regards to the gender gap, and to expand Wikimedia Canada's activities
and reach across all of Canada.

The Board will elect its new Executive Committee [2], including its
President, at its next meeting on 4 November 2019.

If you have any questions about Wikimedia Canada, do not hesitate to use
the main talk page on our wiki [3] or to send me an email directly.

Wikimedia Canada would like to thank all members that participated at the
AGM and all the volunteers of the Wikimedia movement in Canada for their
contributions. If you would like to stay updated about Wikimedia Canada,
please join our mailing list [4] or visit our wiki [5].

Thank you,

Jean-Philippe Béland

Institutional Advancement Manager, Wikimedia Canada

[1] https://ca.wikimedia.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meeting_2019
[2] https://ca.wikimedia.org/wiki/Executive_Committee
[3] https://ca.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_talk:Discussions
[5] https://ca.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page