The additional exclusion of Commons and Wikidata was not previously
announced. In fact, the previous statement excluding Wikipedias explicitly
stated that wishlist items from Commons and Wikidata would still be
accepted.

Could you explain the reason for this change and why it wasn't communicated
earlier?

Regards
AntiComposite