Hi Frans,

No, this is a completely different topic.

Thanks,

El 13/11/19 a les 11:12, Frans Grijzenhout ha escrit:
Hi Toni, Just to be sure: is this also the text that you want me to paste into: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Comments_on_the_Rebranding_Strategy ?
Frans

*Frans Grijzenhout*, voorzitter / chair
+31 6 5333 9499
--
*Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland*
Mariaplaats 3 - 3511 LH Utrecht

Op wo 13 nov. 2019 om 10:55 schreef Toni Hermoso Pulido <toni...@wikimedia.cat <mailto:toni...@wikimedia.cat>>:

    FYI

https://www.wikimedia.cat/2019/11/13/statement-about-the-spanish-new-royal-decree-law-of-public-security/
    --

    Statement about the Spanish new Royal Decree-Law of public security

    On November 5th, The Official State Gazette (BOE) published the Royal
    Decree-Law 14/2019
    (https://boe.es/boe/dias/2019/11/05/pdfs/BOE-A-2019-15790.pdf), which
    was passed on October 31st, whereby the General State Administration
    reserves the right to suspend, exceptionally and precautionary, the
    transmission of data and the connection to Internet claiming
    reasons of
    public order.

    According to Chapter IV, modification of the Law 9/2014 of General
    Telecommunications, the State reserves the right to take over any
    types
    of infrastructure, network, service or digital resource that may
    affect
    public security within the framework of national defense. The
    power of
    immediate action is granted to the Government of Spain for the
    closure
    of websites and other services through the Ministry of Economy and
    Business, as well as the control and operation of all networks during
    transitory periods described as exceptional. No prior judicial
    requirement is needed.

     From Amical Wikimedia we hereby express our profound disagreement
    with
    this new decree and our growing concern for the restriction of
    digital
    rights in Spanish territory. First of all, the lack of debate on this
    law in Parliament, its approval under a caretaker government,
    during the
    electoral campaign and under the formula of a royal decree-law
    represents a drastic regression of the freedom to information in key
    moments. Secondly, vaguely defined concepts such as “national
    security,”
    “public order,” “transitional period,” or “exceptional situation”
    allow
    for indiscriminate action based on political interests for the
    repression of ideological dissent.

    Thirdly, we are concerned that the preamble of this law
    contextualizes
    and aims to justify the adopted measures for the ongoing
    socio-political
    mobilizations in different areas of the Spanish territory. Amical
    Wikimedia, in this regard, has previously declared itself in favor of
    the organization of actions that defend basic civil rights and the
    freedom of expression throughout all the Catalan-speaking areas. The
    abovementioned decree seriously violates the freedom of information,
    which should be open and accessible to the public as is the case of
    Wikipedia and its sister projects. Article 19 of the Universal
    Declaration of Human Rights upholds that “Everyone has the right to
    freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to
    hold
    opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart
    information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers”.

    There are recent precedents of digital censorship which have had very
    serious social impact. In February 2014, the Turkish parliament
    passed
    the Law No. 5651, granting new powers to the state telecommunications
    authority regarding Internet regulation. A few years later, on April
    2017 and making use of this law, access to all idiomatic versions of
    Wikipedia were blocked based on Turkish Government claims of
    state-funded terrorism on the English Wikipedia.

    For all these reasons, Amical Wikimedia reaffirms its rejection of
    this
    decree-law and demands its immediate withdrawal. Our organisation
    stands
    unequivocally in favor of digital freedom and the human rights of
    expression, peaceful assembly, and access to information.

--
Toni Hermoso Pulido

Amical Wikimedia