Hey All!

Many of you know that the Wikimedia Endowment <
https://wikimediaendowment.org/> was launched in 2016.  The purpose of the
Endowment is to act as a permanent safekeeping fund to generate income to
ensure a base level of support for the Wikimedia projects in perpetuity.
When the Endowment is fully funded, it will provide revenue to support the
projects of Wikimedia. It will not fully fund WMF’s work, so it is not a
replacement for annual fundraising, but it will supplement it in the future.

Since its launch, we’ve helped support the Endowment in part with
contributions from our annual fundraising campaigns. We will be repeating
this over the next few weeks with some of our banner and email fundraising
efforts being directed towards the Wikimedia Endowment with dedicated
messaging.

Wikipedia portal, Wikipedia app, and major gifts fundraising will remain
focused on raising for the annual plan budget. Fundraising banners will
most likely come down over Christmas with a final push in the run up to New
Years Eve. There will be a follow up thank you campaign for a few days in
January.

Thank you all!

--
Seddon

*Community and Audience Engagement Associate*
*Advancement (Fundraising), Wikimedia Foundation*