Ziko, we can vote on whatever we want, whenever we want.

Us having a RFC on meta does not need the WMF to approve it or like it. An
openly run RFC could itself recommend a board resolution asking the
community appointed board members (you know, the legitimate ones that are
accountable to us) to reject or amend the 'recommendations' as the
community sees fit. The WMF board and their CEO know it is in their
interest to take on any firm community consensus rather than playing
political games to get around it.

I suggest folks take some time out to re-review the recommendations and
wait for the dust to settle before deciding if we want to start a correctly
community-led process for voting on it.

As others have expressed, I am not in the least bit inclined to give any
feedback on meta. It's a waste of volunteer time, as effective as shouting
out of your office window expecting to make the weather change.

Fae

On Tue, 21 Jan 2020 at 09:54, Ziko van Dijk <zvand...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We now have the confirmation on a Meta Wiki talk page: the WMF is not going
> to let the communities vote on the recommendations.
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Recommendations#Community_consensus
>
> Kind regards
> Ziko
>
> Am Di., 21. Jan. 2020 um 09:39 Uhr schrieb Yaroslav Blanter <
> ymb...@gmail.com>:
>
> > We will be again talking to the wall. (Would be, I am not going to react
> > this time).
> >
> > Best
> > Yaroslav
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 5:06 AM Todd Allen <toddmal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Katherine,
> > >
> > > These are very disappointing. It does not seem like a bit of the
> feedback
> > > on earlier versions was taken into consideration at all. Can we expect
> > > anything we say to matter this time around, or will we once again be
> > > talking to the wall?
> > >
> > > Todd

> movement
> > > behalf
> > am
> > > read

> > > your
> > > bring

> > discussions
> research
> > > significant
> and

> > the
> > these

> German,
> > > condensed

> > > relevant
> organizations
> > > that

> > > might
> on

> of
> and
> > as
> us

> and
> > meta

> > invaluable
> > > knowledge.
> > > movement

> > looking

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Recommendations
> > > >

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Working_Groups
> > > >

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/People#Second_phase
> > > >

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/People/Community_Strategy_Liaisons
> > > >

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Recommendations/Principles
> > > >

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Recommendations/Cover_note
> > > >

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Recommendations/Process
> > > >

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Frequently_asked_questions#What_is_the_timeframe_for_all_of_this

> [...]

Personal and confidential, please do not circulate or re-quote.