From Clovermoss

(Link to the 2019 Wiki Loves Monuments winning photograph
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Stawiszyn_Nieczynny_Ko%C5%9Bci%C3%B3%C5%82_Ty%C5%82_ko%C5%9Bcio%C5%82a.jpg>
that was taken by User:Marian Naworksi
<https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedysta:Marian_Naworski>.)

This week, I learned about Wiki Loves Monuments
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki_Loves_Monuments>. The wording kind of
sounded familiar at first, but I wasn't sure why. I didn't really know what
Wiki Loves Monuments was and now I'm thankful that I do. A lot goes into a
good photograph and really good photographs have a way of striking me with
awe in a way that's hard to describe with words.

There were 25 announcements for the top winners and the winner was
announced on January 14th. I love the way the sunlight shines in through
the windows - it seems surreal, and it's almost like I'm standing there
myself. I don't know what the temperature would be like inside the church,
but I felt slightly cold looking at it. I'd imagine there isn't any heating
currently in the building because it's abandoned, although maybe I'm
thinking too much about details like that?

From User:Pine

The 15th of January is the birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_King,_Jr.>, who was a civil
rights <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_rights> leader in the United
States. Every year, the first Monday after his birthday is a U.S. national
holiday <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_King_Jr._Day>. English
Wikiquote selected a quote from him as its Quote of the Day for 15 January
2020 <https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Wikiquote:Quote_of_the_day/January_2020>.
Although my memories of this are vague, I think that my elementary school
used the holiday as an occasion for students to learn about history. I am
thankful for my teachers who taught us civics
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civics> and the responsibilities of
citizenship <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizenship> in a republic
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic>.

Closing comments

What’s making you happy this week? You are welcome to write in any
language. You are also welcome to start a WMYHTW thread next week.

Additional translations of the subject line of this email would be
appreciated on Meta
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Pine/WMYHTW_translations>. Thanks to
Google Translate for the Polish translation.

Best wishes,

Clovermoss (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Clovermoss) and
Pine ( https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Pine )