The Wikimedia Strategy 2030 recommendations were published on January 20,
2020, but the language, size, and complexity can be a intimidating, even
for native English speakers.

I've attempted to summarize the recommendations into ONE PAGE, highlighting
key concepts, structures and processes mentioned in the 68 page document.

It's a work in progress, but I hope it helps to provide easier entry into
the full document. Feel free to provide suggestions, feedback and
reflections.

PDF uploaded to Commons in one A4 sheet:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:In_Brief_-_Wikimedia_Strategy_2030_-_One_Pager_-_January_2020.pdf

-Andrew (User:Fuzheado)

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 10:24 PM Katherine Maher <kma...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I wanted to share some news with you: the first version of the movement
> strategy recommendations document has been published on Meta [1]. On behalf
> of the movement strategy working groups and recommendation writers, I am
> honored to present them to you. We ask you to please take a moment to read
> through, review, and comment.
>
> In 2017, we set about building the future we want, together. In 2020, your
> fellow Wikimedians have written and shared a framework for how we can bring
> to life our vision of becoming the essential support system of the
> ecosystem of free knowledge.
>
> == Review the recommendations ==
>
> These recommendations are the result of 18 months of in-depth discussions
> and consultation among global Wikimedia community members and research
> into opportunities for our future. The volunteer working groups [2],
> writing teams [3] and strategy liaisons [4] have all invested a significant
> amount of energy into this, and I want to wholeheartedly thank each and
> every person who contributed to creating this work.
>
> I would like to encourage everyone to read this work. There are 13
> recommendations (condensed from 89), accompanied by an explanation of the
> principles [5] that underlie the recommendations, an outline of how these
> recommendations work together [6], as well as an overview of how the
> recommendations were produced and next steps [7].
>
> The core of this material is online in Arabic, English, French, German,
> Hindi, Portuguese, and Spanish. We also have an overview available in
> Catalan, Dutch, Farsi, Hebrew, Polish, and Russian that offers a condensed
> introduction to the recommendations material.
>
> == Share your feedback ==
>
> In order to produce a final document that is representative of and relevant
> to the diverse project communities as well as groups and organizations that
> make up our movement, we are calling on everyone to review the
> recommendations and share their thoughts.
>
> Specifically, we ask you to look at what impact these recommendations might
> have on you and your group or community’s context. Discussions are
> happening on-wiki in many languages, as well as in discussion groups on
> other, off0wiki platforms, and within movement groups and structures.
>
> This round of community conversations will run until the first week of
> March [8]. After this five-week period, the Core Team will publish a
> summary report of input from across affiliates, online communities, and
> other stakeholders for public review. [9] Your input will play a role as
> the recommendation writers finalize the strategy document, and move us
> towards discussions around implementation.
>
> You will find more information about the process in the FAQs [10], and
> please direct any additional questions or remarks to the respective meta
> pages.
>
> Our movement is the sum of its parts. Each member brings to it invaluable
> [...]

-Andrew Lih
Author of The Wikipedia Revolution
US National Archives Citizen Archivist of the Year (2016)
Knight Foundation grant recipient - Wikipedia Space (2015)
Wikimedia DC - Outreach and GLAM
Previously: professor of journalism and communications, American
University, Columbia University, USC
---
Email: and...@andrewlih.com
WEB: https://muckrack.com/fuzheado