From Clovermoss and Pine, writing together for this week:
Thanks to User:Dungodung <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Dungodung> for
the Serbian translation of What's making you happy this week?

English Wikipedia passed the 6 million article milestone. Determining the
exact 6 millionth article is challenging. A community discussion
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Six_million_articles>
narrowed the list to a few likely possibilities. There is no tool that
currently exists that can determine which article is the 6 millionth. One
difficulty in determining the winner is that articles are moved and deleted
while others are being created.

On the 18:59 timestamp on 23 February 2020, 15 articles were submitted:
Auto-trolling <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto-trolling>, Castle Folds
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Folds>, Mysore Sand Sculpture Museum
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mysore_Sand_Sculpture_Museum>, Egon Hartmann
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egon_Hartmann>, Kalashree Seashell Museum
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalashree_Seashell_Museum>, Giovanni Ricci
(mathematician)
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_Ricci_(mathematician)>, Enno Dirksen
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enno_Dirksen>, Giovanni Prodi
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_Prodi>, David Notkin
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Notkin>, A. Nico Habermann Award
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._Nico_Habermann_Award>, Videniškiai
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Videni%C5%A1kiai>, Lidia Kulikovski
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lidia_Kulikovski>, Maria Elise Turner Lauder
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Elise_Turner_Lauder>, Andrei Bolocan
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrei_Bolocan>, and Raymonde Verlinden
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymonde_Verlinden>.

The community decided to celebrate the article for  Maria Elise Turner
Lauder <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Elise_Turner_Lauder>, who was a
Canadian philanthropist and writer. The article was created by
User:Rosiestep <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Rosiestep>.

Rosiestep is well known in the community. She joined Wikipedia in 2007 and
was elected an administrator in 2009. She is an co-organizer for WikiConference
North America <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiConference_North_America>
and WikiProject Women in Red
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Women_in_Red>, and is
a member of the Affiliations Committee
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee>. On her user page,
she shares that her academic degrees include a Bachelor of Science
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachelor_of_Science> and a Master of
Business Administration
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_of_Business_Administration>. She can
communicate in English, Spanish, French, and Serbian.

Maria Elise Turner Lauder (1833-1922), was a Canadian teacher, linguist,
and author. She wrote under the pen name Toofie Lauder, and was also known
as Maria Elise Turner de Touffe Lauder. Lauder spoke several languages
fluently, including Greek and Latin. Lauder was a linguist and she taught
at Whitby Ladies' College
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trafalgar_Castle_School>. She was a
prominent member of the Woman's Christian Temperance Union
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woman%27s_Christian_Temperance_Union>.Lauder
travelled extensively and formed friendships with many notable individuals.
She received the honour of a private audience with Queen Margherita
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Margherita>. Lauder and her son were
also presented to the papal court of Pope Leo XIII
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Leo_XIII>. Her travelling experiences
inspired the authorship of three books: My First Visit to England (1865), In
Europe (1877), and Legends and Tales of the Harz Mountains (1881). Lauder
also published other works during her lifetime, including songs and verse.
Her other works include Evergreen Leaves: Being Notes From My Travel Book
(1884), and At Last (1894).

Related images

   -

   Maria Elise Turner Lauder

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MARIA_ELISE_TURNER_LAUDER_A_woman_of_the_century_(page_452_crop).jpg>
   -

   The Wikipedia logo with the banner celebrating 6 million articles
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wikipedia-logo-v2-en_6m_articles.png>
   -

   The logo <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Women_in_Red_logo.svg>
of WikiProject
   Women in Red <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WPWIR>
   -

   User:Rosiestep

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Roger_Bamkin_y_Rosie_Stephenson-Goodknight_en_Wikimania_2015_22.JPG>

Remembering a public servant

Jim Lehrer, seen in 2011

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Jim_Lehrer_(2011).jpg>Quote from Jim
Lehrer <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Lehrer>, who was a United States
Marine Corps <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps>
veteran, an author, a longtime news anchor
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_anchor> of PBS NewsHour
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PBS_NewsHour>, and a moderator of numerous
debates of candidates for the office of U.S. President. Lehrer passed away
peacefully on 23 January 2020. This quote is from a speech that he
gave at Harvard
University <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvard_University>:

I am grateful my country forced me to serve my country. Not for my
country's sake, but for my own. In that diverse company, I learned to be
responsible for others. I learned to be dependent on others. I learned
there was more to life than me, me, me, me.

Postscript
After this week, User:Pine <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Pine> is
taking a break from writing What's making you happy this week? and On the
bright side for at least the next few weeks. User:Clovermoss
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Clovermoss> plans to continue writing
for the aforementioned publications in the meantime, and will continue to
send weekly emails to the Wikimedia-I mailing list.