On Sun, 26 Jan 2020 at 00:49, Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here are a couple of arguments from WMF in favor of SuperProtect, which was
> implemented to prevent local users from removing MediaViewer.

It's interesting that this topic came up, as there was a bug in MediaViewer
that disturbed me so much I've started working on a patch a month ago. The
bug is no longer an issue in most cases, but I'm still working on some
improvements.

It seems to me that users still could disable MediaViewer with the same one
line of javascript as used in Common.js. To be exact about SP, what I've
seen is it was implemented to prevent local admins (specifically one former
German admin) from removing MW project-wide for all editors *and readers*.
I assume the "Disable MediaViewer" option, which allows every user to
decide for themselves comfortably, wasn't implemented back then...
How long before that feature was added?

Aron