I don't think the posting itself is inappropriate. It's Wikimedia-related
business, and that, broadly, is what this list is for.

Still, the use of ALL CAPS for a subject which will only be of relevance to
a small fraction of readers is indeed a bit much. (And that's true even
beyond geography; I live in Colorado, but I'm not interested in such a
position.) So, I think that particular complaint is valid. Use regular
case, and let the reader decide whether it's of importance to them.

Todd