TL;DR: Launch of Wikimedia Affiliates Data Portal

We are launching a new form-based annual reporting system for Wikimedia
affiliates [1], as well as a basic Affiliates data query system. We would
love your feedback.

Hello, Affiliate Leaders & Community Members,

Tired of the affiliate reports [2] wiki table of death? SO are we!

The Learning & Evaluation team is pleased to announce the launch of the
Wikimedia Affiliates Data (WAD) Portal [1]. This portal will serve three
purposes as follows:

   1. It introduces a new Object-Oriented User Interface (OOUI) [3]
   form-based report submission interface for annual activity and financial
   reports. This replaces the wiki mark-up based submission via the
   [[Reports]] page on meta.
   2. It introduces the ability for Organizations to update their
   information using OOUI forms on the fly.
   3. It introduces a new simple data query form that allows anyone
   logged-in to their public wiki accounts to run a query and view results on
   available Affiliates data. The query tool will be improved in the coming
   financial year, as we work to code data in Affiliate reports into
   structured data, to allow for richer analysis.

The [[Reports]] page on meta will continue to be visible on meta until the
end of June 2020, after which it will be protected and archived. All
organizations that are due to submit annual reports at the end of March are
encouraged to use the new report submission forms. If you do use the new
forms, please share any feedback you have about this new process on the
Portal’s talk page

We will hold training seminars for those who wish to be onboarded to the
submission forms and the Query system during the months of March and April
2020 (Dates will be communicated soon).

We have taken time to pre-populate the system with basic information about
each recognized Wikimedia affiliate, however, should you find any incorrect
or outdated information about your group, please use the organization
information page[4] to provide updated information.

We trust that you will enjoy the new portal and that you will find it
useful. Should you have any problems or encounter bugs in the new forms,
please use the Portal talk page [5] to log these, or to simply ask
questions. We will collect similar questions to create an FAQ page in due
time.

Kindest regards

*Dumisani Ndubane* - Lead Designer
*Derick Alangi* - Software Developer