On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 9:22 AM Fæ <fae...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Separately I prefer Google hangouts for a very bad internet connection
> (under 10 mb/s) which is more forgiving than Zoom or Skype as it seems
> to be better at brown-out conditions. Google hangouts is probably a
> bit easier for the average volunteer to log in to or get running on
> their kit, for example installing Zoom on Ubuntu meant setting things
> up on the command line for me.

In my experience Hangouts/Meet is superior to Zoom technically in pretty
much every aspect (saner UI, better A/V quality, less bugs, better handling
of poor connections, also it is just a web page while Zoom's web version is
not really usable). OTOH Zoom has more facilitation features (such as
splitting into subgroups) which might be useful in certain kinds of
meetings.