I have been asking WHO to release COVID19 content (specially videos) under
open licenses since since Feb 2020.

I have spoke with Aleksandra Kuzmanovic who has been involved in their
collaboration with Facebook and Twitter etc.

They say maybe. But despite a bunch of follow up emails have not seemed too
keen. It is really a lost opportunity for both of us :-(

James

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 9:47 AM Alessandro Marchetti via Wikimedia-l <
wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org> wrote:

>  Some of us sent an email when it was (only apparently) less serious but
> we got no reply, as far as I know. It was sent by the UG of Washington DC
> and I contacted WMCH doing that, because they might reach their central
> office quickly in Geneva if necessary.
> Changing some licenses was one of the things I hoped to discuss, but in
> general we knew it was already serious and we were trying to gain some time.
>
> In the end, WHO changed their attitude only after the last week-end,
> probably because people started finally to be worried in the USA, but the
> pandemia should have been declared weeks ago or at least last week, IMHO,
> when also the data of another "not small" country, that is Spain, started
> to be quite out of control (if Italy was already not enough after China,
> Iran and South Korea).
>
> They seem to have taken more slowly than necessary. Let's hope they
> finally reach out.
>
> Regards.
> Alessandro
>
>     Il giovedì 12 marzo 2020, 16:29:34 CET, Andy Mabbett <
> a...@pigsonthewing.org.uk> ha scritto:
>
>  WHO have a great video on COVID-19 ("Coronavius"):
>
>   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1APwq1df6Mw
>
> Now would be a good time for the WMF, local chapters, other
> affiliates, and individual, to publicly call on them to open licence
> such material, as I have done, here:
>
>   https://twitter.com/pigsonthewing/status/1238124060145483777
>
> [much of their published material is under NC restrictions -
> https://www.who.int/publishing/copyright/en/ ]
>
> --
> Andy Mabbett
> @pigsonthewing