Denny, and Wikimedians,

How to maintain the diversity of contributions, edits, individual knowledge
generators / writers, et al, on the human side of Wikipedia, by many
different language communities if these were to grow, I wonder? Is this
already part of your proposal, which I haven't come across yet? Thank you
for this great development!

Cheers,
Scott

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 5:49 PM Denny Vrandečić <vrande...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Elevator pitch:
>
> Many Wikipedia language editions have large gaps in knowledge. We want to
> close these gaps by allowing to create and maintain content in one place
> and allow the Wikipedias to use this content if they choose so, instead of
> doing that in each of the Wikipedia language editions individually. This
> will allow more people to access and create more knowledge in more
> languages in the Wikipedias.
>
> In order to do this, we need to represent the content in a way that can be
> translated to many different natural languages with high fidelity. We do
> this by introducing a new project that allows to create, maintain,
> catalogue and evaluate functions as a new form of knowledge the communities
> work on. This will allow completely new use cases, and allow more people to
> share in more forms of knowledge than today.
>

> On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 2:48 PM Andy Mabbett <a...@pigsonthewing.org.uk>
> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 at 01:52, Denny Vrandečić <vrande...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > As some of you know, I have been working on the idea of a multilingual
> > > Wikipedia for a few years now.
> >
> > What's the elevator pitch for this?
> >

> > --
> > Andy Mabbett
> > @pigsonthewing
> > http://pigsonthewing.org.uk

- Scott MacLeod - Founder & President
- https://twitter.com/WorldUnivAndSch
- World University and School
- http://worlduniversityandschool.org
- http://scottmacleod.com

- CC World University and School - like CC Wikipedia with best STEM-centric
CC OpenCourseWare - incorporated as a nonprofit university and school in
California, and is a U.S. 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt educational organization.